Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CCAC Member

H.A.P Horticulturists Award Program

I just would like to say I would love to see more people get involved with this program. Its a great way to learn about plants, get un heard of/rare plants from other people in the club, common ones as well, get plants cheaper than pet shops and to add character to your tank/tanks at home, office or your home office lol. I know i recently have started participating in this program and so far it has been fun, for me that is. I have HAPed java moss, christmas moss, subwassertang (rare), windelov, java fern, needle leaf java fern, anubius afzelli, and rotala rotundifolia. Next month I will have anubius coffeefolia (currently main plant is flowering), anubius bartieri (this piece has flowered for me) anubius nana, luwdiga SP "red" (rare) jungle val, italian val, dwarf sag, cryptocoryne moehlmannii, cryptocoryne wenditi "red". I hope more people start participating in this program because I would hate to see it dropped from the club. Have fun everyone!

Administrator
    One of these days, i will probably start getting into HAP. Need yo be able to devote my fish related time to learning instead of building.
    Bobby

BOD Member
    I would rather build than learn! and yes keep on HAP'n. I have a butt load of stuff unload as well.

CCAC Member
    Im gonna get into in once I move and can devote 1-2 planted tank that grows, I have some plants now but mostly just keeping them alive not much growth.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by indyplanted View Post
    I would rather build than learn! and yes keep on HAP'n. I have a butt load of stuff unload as well.
    Careful, you're gonna start sounding like me. LOL
    Bobby

BOD Member
    Too late, I'm already thinking of how to set up a warm area in garage and put a few emersed setups on my metal storage racks.

Administrator
    Wouldn't take much to get it all insulated up. LOL
    Bobby

CCAC Member
    My luck seems to be hit-or-miss with plants. I may start participating if/when I get it figured out.

I'm actually looking forward to getting a fully-planted tank up and running again. Our aquarium time has fallen on the back burner since we've moved back to Indiana and bought a house. Now that we have relocated, tanks keep finding their way to our garage, lol. Now I just have to get them set up somewhere and growing plants again. Lol.

CCAC Member
    I'm thinking of submitting some plants in July, but I have some questions:

1. Who do I turn the plant(s) in to at the meeting?

2. I've got a tank about overrun with chain sword, so with runner plants:
    a. How long do they have to be separated from the "parent" plant?
    b. Do they have to be individually separated, or can I cut off a section of the chain (eg. 3 or 4 plants, still connected to each other) and HAP that?

3. Does class D count if you grow the plant from a dry bulb, or is this a plant that is grown, reproduced, and then grown?
    -Rebecca

Administrator
    I'm not the expert but I'll give it a try

1. Bradley Moore or me if he doesn't make it for some reason.
    a. don't know
    b. should be fine in one chunk in a bag.
    3. that's one for Brad.
    Bobby

Global Moderator
    Yikes, that bulb question is one for Brad for sure.

I think I understand the rules. It seems to be too easy. There will be forms at the meeting I can't print? Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshnTarri View Post
    I think I understand the rules. It seems to be too easy. There will be forms at the meeting I can't print? Thanks
    I'm not sure if Brad brings blank forms with him. I don't recall seeing any.
    Bobby

Ok thanks I will go print some. The more I look into this though it is not seeming as easy as I thought.

Is there a limit to how many plants I can hap at 1 time? Or just general auction rules apply? If it is stated I can't find it.

Administrator
    Just general auction rules
    Bobby

When bagging plants only floating plants need water in the bag?

CCAC Member
    Yes only floaters need a lil water. And remember, make sure there are the same amount of plants brought to HAP as you would buy in a pet shop.