Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Global Moderator

Acrylic paintings

Not much activity in this section of the forum for a while so I'll post a few things...
    A few paintings I did last year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buescheri.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	discus.jpg 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	361Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angels 2.jpg 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	362

Administrator
    I love these. I wish I had that talent. Hell, I have a hard time drawing stick people. LOL
    Bobby

BOD Member
    Roy have your apisto painting hanging on the wall behind my computer desk. I look at every single day. The wife even likes it and shes not a fishy fan.

Those are beautiful Roy. About the best I can do is entertain a 2 yr old with my drawing.

Global Moderator
    Thanks for the compliments. It's a shame there's not a market for tropical fish paintings or I'd do more. I enjoy the challenge but when they just sit in a stack in my basement then it becomes sort of pointless. I gave one to Bradley as a gift and a thank you for some fish he shared with me and I'm glad to hear that particular painting has a good home.
    I know there are other creative people in the club, Mike Matthews being one of them. I encourage more people to post their work on here and share it with the club.
    Roy

Administrator
    Do you take requests Roy? LOL
    Bobby

Global Moderator
    Sure. You can commission a painting from me. I accept cash or BAP points. LOL
    If somebody actually wanted something from me just let me know and we'll work something out.
    Roy

CCAC Member
    Those look great.

I should get out the art supplies and do something. I have a pretty long "to-do" list of projects though.

CCAC Member
    I would love to have a painting of some angles Roy to go over my planted angle tank......Just a hint/request. You can tell me what you would want for one at the meeting or text me if you still have my number

CCAC Member
    Sounds like there would be a bidding war if you put them in the auction! I am very impressed with your angel painting!!!!

Global Moderator
    Thanks Gail. I'm not sure though, I've been to our auctions and I know what cheapskates we all are!
    I might try putting one in the Spring Auction though. We'll see...
    Roy

CCAC Member
    I'm sure I could talk to Kevin and see if we could try and move a few at the reef.

Global Moderator
    That's cool Ryan. Thanks for the offer to look into it. I'll keep it in mind and get back to you. I'm delivering Joe's angelfish painting to him tonight that he commissioned.
    Roy

Amazing. Looks great.
    Chris Miller
    Lafayette, IN

CCAC Member
    Thanks so much Roy. I love it. Jut now got it hung up on the wall right above the 75 angel tank. Its a great addition to my fish hobby. I am very pleased with it.
    Joe D.

Global Moderator
    Thanks. Chris Miller commissioned me to do a painting of Syn. multipunctatus so I can't wait to get that started. Should be fun. Anybody else need a painting done?
    I've been debating whether I should put the blue angelfish painting in the above post into the CCAC Spring auction...
    Roy

Global Moderator
    A few paintings I've sold just recently... Apistogramma trifasciatus, pigeon blood discus (sold to somebody at the auction), Synodontis multipunctatus.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apisto trifasciatus.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DISCUS1.jpg 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	multipunctatus.jpg 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	526
    Roy

Kilroy, I love the backgrounds of the paintings of the two angelfish and of the two discus. The way you did the underside of the water is really cool.