Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Global Moderator

Usernames and real names

I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks but it seems especially relevant if some new people come onboard the forum... Just my 2 cents but it would be nice if people include their real name as part of their profile and/or their signature. Or at least their first name. It's all well and good to be creative with usernames but we're all friends here (I hope!) and I'd like to know who I'm dealing with.
    Thanks,
    Roy

Administrator
    I already did that because I knew most people would not know who I was. But on that note, I am working to get that functionality added to the postbit.
    Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    I already did that because I knew most people would not know who I was. But on that note, I am working to get that functionality added to the postbit.
    That is just a simple template change - or even simpler - adding a required profile field. =)

CCAC Member
    Thats a good idea roy for now I will just put my name in my signature.

Bobby can you change my screen name (NotoriousSway) or do I need to just create a new one?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Anderson View Post
    Thats a good idea roy for now I will just put my name in my signature.

Bobby can you change my screen name (NotoriousSway) or do I need to just create a new one?
    Done
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 02-13-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Bobby

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CGaddy View Post
    That is just a simple template change - or even simpler - adding a required profile field. =)
    Yeah, I'm still learning the VB thing. The profile fields should be there now. I attempted to add the coding to the postbit and it wouldn't take for some reason, but we technically have a guy for that.
    Bobby

CCAC Member
    Thanks!
    Adam Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Yeah, I'm still learning the VB thing. The profile fields should be there now. I attempted to add the coding to the postbit and it wouldn't take for some reason, but we technically have a guy for that.
    If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. I'm an admin on a number of top vB boards, and have been for 10+ years. (1mil+ users, 40k+ posts a day)
    -Chris J. Gaddy
    These are just my two cents, take them as such.

Administrator
    I just may take you up on that at some point.
    Bobby

Global Moderator
    Bump.
    Just a reminder of my friendly suggestion from a while back. Seems like there's quite a few folks on here with usernames that I don't recognize. It's your call if you want to remain anonymous but I feel like we're all friends here and it's easy to add your name as part of your signature.
    Thanks,
    Roy