Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Question about CCAC Auctions

All- I am a member of the forum but not of the club. I did attend the last meeting and am considering becoming a member. I have a question on how the auctions work. Can you put a reserve on an item. So say if I wanted put up a expensive/rare fish for auction.How would that work and what percentage goes to the club and to the seller?

Thanks,
    JP

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTexy View Post
    All- I am a member of the forum but not of the club. I did attend the last meeting and am considering becoming a member. I have a question on how the auctions work. Can you put a reserve on an item. So say if I wanted put up a expensive/rare fish for auction.How would that work and what percentage goes to the club and to the seller?

Thanks,
    JP
    Yes, you are able to put a minimum bid on any item that you put in the auction. Sales are a 70/30 split with 30% going to the club.
    Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Yes, you are able to put a minimum bid on any item that you put in the auction. Sales are a 70/30 split with 30% going to the club.
    In the past you were able to do a 80/20 split if you run fish, help tag items or general work for I think at least 4 hours.

that still applies, hedy watches for who is working so if you are new to working the auctions, it is good to communicate with her that you intend to put that kind of work in. that way there is no gap in her expectations and yours.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedmatthews View Post
    that still applies, hedy watches for who is working so if you are new to working the auctions, it is good to communicate with her that you intend to put that kind of work in. that way there is no gap in her expectations and yours.
    I never paid that much attention. No wonder my auction checks were always bigger than I expected. Righteous!!!
    Bobby

Where is my money then.. LOL
    THE IRISH PIT BULL
    FIR NA DLI

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittbull View Post
    Where is my money then.. LOL
    No soup for you! Two weeks!
    Bobby

how d the monthly auctions work

Same way with the only exception is that they are for members only.