Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New Betta splendens

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I live in Bloomington and have a 5 gal and a 2.5 gal. I've had my own fish tank for 3 years, but I've helped out with my parerents' tank before then.

I wanted to post some pictures of my new Betta in his 2.5 gal. He's an elephant-ear and I think a halfmoon plakat. He was an impulse buy, but he's very healthy, spirited, and pretty. Ever since I got him, I've been researching bettas like crazy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3163.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	488Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3162.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	489

Administrator
    Looks good.
    Bobby

Be careful, I have heard I can lead to Bette jars all over your home! Pretty fish.

You were so right JoshnTarri! I just bought this beautiful female from TmtBetta off aquabid. They were really friendly and fast shippers too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3291.jpg 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3293.jpg 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	528

Global Moderator
    Are you going to the betta show on May 25th? Probably not since Chesterfield, IN, is a long ways from Bloomington. I got into bettas for a while but I couldn't get the darn things to spawn so mostly gave up. I've been told that all of my males may have been too old and that only very young males will build a bubblenest and spawn. I have spawned Betta albimarginata though wich is a mouth-brooding betta.
    Roy

Yeah, I mostly can't go because it's on a weekend and I have to work every weekend. Google maps said it would take about 2 hours to get there though. I do want to try to breed my two bettas. Thanks for the tip about their age! I'll try to breed them soon and let ya'll know how it goes.