Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My 3d Background

Im going to post some pictures of my background i built. If ya'll wanna see how i did it i will post all those pictures.

Administrator
    Looks good. I'm never one to turn down a good DIY thread.
    Bobby

Global Moderator
    That must look like heaven to those Paracyps. They love those rock surfaces. I think you really nailed the appearance of real rock. The overall design is a bit square for my tastes but it's very functional and I can see why you did it. I believe you said on FB that you were willing to make these for people...? It's Crystal right?
    Roy

Global Moderator
    Please post the step by step process, great to share that with others!

Im actually Jeremy, Her husband. Me and my wife share a facebook because i hate it lol. I only get on it to check out fish stuff. When i get home tonight ill post the step by step i did on the background.

And yes i will build for people any way you want. My price is $1 per gallon for basic models. If you want fancy stuff that will take more time price will go up. Just pm me with details and we ca go from there. Me an my wife kinda hit a hard spot with us just having a baby so im trying to make some extra cash. Also wanting to stat my own business making backgrounds and stuff.

Global Moderator
    $1 per gallon seems like a good deal. And just to clarify, you said these were styro and drylok. The thing that holds me back from that is you have to have an empty dry tank and glue the background in, correct? I wish somebody would make an affordable polyresin background that could be placed into an existing tank. Polyresin ain't cheap though from what I've seen.
    Regardless, I'd love to have a background from you but can't afford it right now. Will keep it mind.
    Roy

Yes styro and drylok and concrete dye.