Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Global Moderator

Great Fall Auction

Had a great time at the Fall Auction today. Always good to see all my fish friends plus pick up some new fish and make a few dollars. I thought it went really well and we had maybe the biggest turnout I've seen at one of our auctions. The room was pretty much full. Thanks to all the members who worked hard to make this happen.
    Roy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCAC Fall Auction 2013 1.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCAC Fall Auction 2013 2.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCAC Fall Auction 2013 3.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	772

Great job CCAC!!! My boys and I had a blast at the auction.

Great auction, with some nice fish!
    I picked up some adult Red Head Cichlids brought by Harrison Storm. Anyone know the scientific name?
    Thanks,

Glen
    In nature multiple species typically do not live in the same niche in the same location. If they do cross paths, they will compete since they are filling the same role in their ecosystem - eventually one will succeed while the others will cease. Welcome to evolution.

Vieja synspilum

CCAC Member
    haha I wish I could tag myself, Im on the projector in the first pic.
    Adam Anderson

Global Moderator
    Dang! I was trying to cut you out of the pic, Adam, but you still snuck onto it. LOL
    Glen, IndyTexy is right but that name is a bit outdated. I believe they are now considered Paraneetroplus synspilus. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure when the name changed but I think quite recently.
    Roy

Yes you are correct it has changed ... I did not think most would know that so I used the most common name. I still want to call it a Cichlasoma

Administrator
    Thanks to everyone for coming out. I picked up a couple cool items and hopefully made a bit of money on my sales. it was a great turn out. I hope to keep this up. I hope for us to be one of the must-attend auctions for everyone in the Midwest.
    Bobby