Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Intro and 135gal CA Community pic and vid

Not sure how I've never came across this website, or club for that matter.. but I'm glad I finally did! Bummed that I missed the Fall auction!

Thought I'd introduce myself by posting up my current setup, a 135gal (mostly Mexican) CA community. I post over on MFK occasionally and a few other forums so it may look familiar to some of you...

FTS:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1438_zps314e3acd.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	773

And a recent, short clip focusing mainly on my pair of C. chets prior to them spawning.

Current stock:
    1 x Herichthys pearsei
    1 x Vieja/Paraneetroplus argentea
    1 x Vieja/Paraneetroplus synspilus
    7 x Cryptoheros chetumalensis (1 confirmed pair so far)
    and 2 x Cryptoheros sajica (male and female) that I am actually looking to sell. So, if anyone is interested let me know..

CCAC Member
    Looks nice! Welcome, there are alot of nice and very knowledgeable people here.

Global Moderator
    Welcome to the forum and hopefully you can attend some of our monthly meetings. Your tank looks awesome. I love Central American fish. Their similar to South American but enjoy our Indiana hard water. There will probably be a lot of Central American cichlids at the ACA convention next July in Louisville. There were a lot of synspilus in the auction that we just had. If you're looking for more of them, then somebody can surely hook you up.
    Roy

Thanks for the welcome guys. This is currently my only setup so I unfortunately don't have the room for anything else at the moment.

My C. chets fry just went free swimming last night as well so I'll try and get a video up soon..

Decided to rescape the tank over Thanksgiving weekend..

Name:	DSCN1471_zps6d303fe2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	776

Also, my supposed group of C. chetumalensis have turned out to be C. cutteri. If you are interested in them or my pair of C. sajica, check the classifieds and feel free to PM me!

Administrator
    That is an awesome tank!
    Bobby

Thanks!

I got a GoPro for xmas and decided to try it out the other day. Let me know what you guys think, and be sure to watch it in HD!

Couple pics I took this evening..

H. pearsei.. kind of blurry but this guy just won't sit still.

Name:	0109142127y.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	945.9 KB 
ID:	795

V. argentea.. with one of my female C. chetumalensis(?) in the background. Still not sure whether they are chets or cutteri.

Name:	0109142135g.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	968.2 KB 
ID:	796

Well I had to tear apart the tank to catch the seven C. cutteri(?) as I traded them in, solely due to the fact that it drove me nuts not knowing exactly what they were.

Here's the new scape..

Name:	0124141833d_zpsd6bdbd0b.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	805

I think I may catch some flack on this one as it's very simple, however I really like it. I never was fond of the previous rock arrangement on the left side. One, it looked too "placed" for my tastes, and two, I was never really fond of the orangish colored rocks. Nothing new really added to this scape except for two bags of small river rock that I picked up from Hobby Lobby. In my opinion this is one of the better scapes that I've done and it took me the least amount of time. All it's missing is a fresh batch of leaves which I already have soaking..

Also, if anyone knows where I could get a group of Thorichthys pasionis or maculipinnis/ellioti locally let me know please and thanks!

Administrator
    I like the setup. Clean and simple.
    Bobby

Put together this short video last night. Nothing new setup wise but everyone is coming along nicely..

Be sure to watch it in 1080p HD!