Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Egg

Crystal Craze (or imitation) available locally?

Many years ago, there was a glass paint called Crystal Craze, which was a common way to treat the back of an aquarium. It would dry in a crystallized pattern, and make the back of the aquarium look much like stained glass.

Apparently it was removed from the market, but I have found what looks like a substitute, crystal glass paints from Jurgen Industries. Like Crystal Craze, it comes in a bunch of colors.

Does anyone know if this paint is sold anywhere in town? I'd like to get my brand-new aquarium done this weekend if possible, as I told my wife we'd have fish swimming by the new year. I'd like to keep my promise if possible! Have already tried the pet stores and hobby stores on the South Side.

Many thanks in advance, and also to the folks at The Reef who told me about CCAC!

Tom

CCAC Member
    Hobby Lobby has some. May not be the brand you are looking for, but it is for painting glass.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/...-paint-742825/

Bill

Administrator
    Welcome!. I'm not much on paint, but glad to see you here.
    Bobby