Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Who are you? Member Introduction Thread

Let everyone know who they are are talking to. Feel free to post a pic if you have one.

Bobby Sutton

Global Moderator
    Mike Dunagan

Josh and Tarri Bain if you could not guess.

CCAC Member
    Good job on the Forum guys. This is Vu T. Ma.

I'm Jason Corfman. I'm a rather small aquarist compared to most in the club (my wife and I currently only have four active tanks, ranging from 2 to 29 gallons), but we've enjoyed being in the club. Unfortunately, we weren't able to make it to Sunday's auction (well, we could have made it I suppose, but it would have been at least 2 p.m. before we got there, probably closer to 2:30 or 3, so we decided to skip it this time).
    =================================
    Laugh at life, or life will laugh at you.

Administrator
    Hey Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Hey Jason!
    Hey, back! Except, my first post doesn't seem to be here....

Global Moderator
    Roy Smith here... Social Chair for the CCAC. I go by "kilroy" on other forums so I'll stick with that here.

BOD Member
    Bob Williams. Secretary for CCAC. Confirmed fish fanatic, and very very happy to see the forum up and running. Good job for all the effort.

Glen Mason - Tanganyikan keeper! Good to see you have the forum back up.

I'll re-post my introduction, since it doesn't seem to be on here anymore.

My name is Jason Corfman. My wife and I have been keeping aquariums since the summer of 2004(?), although our interest has waxed and waned over the years (but has grown since we joined the CCAC nearly two years ago). We currently "only" have four tanks running (a two gallon, two 20 gallons and a 29 gallon). At our height, we had six tanks, although I think we actually have more fish now than we did then (at the time, it was one 29, one 20, two 10s and two 2s).

We currently have one betta, two angelfish, three cories, and an unknown number of both platies and Girardinus metallicus (it is kinda hard for us to count them). In the past, we have also had zebra danios, pearl danios, guppies, and a dwarf gourami. Oh, and a rescue goldfish, which I don't think we rescued in time. A gallery of some of our past fish can be found here, although only one of the fish pictured is still alive (I really need to update the gallery).

Administrator
    Jason, I see this one that you posted earlier. Am I the only one that sees it?

Quote Originally Posted by corfy View Post
    I'm Jason Corfman. I'm a rather small aquarist compared to most in the club (my wife and I currently only have four active tanks, ranging from 2 to 29 gallons), but we've enjoyed being in the club. Unfortunately, we weren't able to make it to Sunday's auction (well, we could have made it I suppose, but it would have been at least 2 p.m. before we got there, probably closer to 2:30 or 3, so we decided to skip it this time).

CCAC Member
    Im Joe Driskill. Glad to see the forum is up and running!

I am Chad Whittaker. I keep wayyyy too many planted tanks You guys are the closest neighbors with a forum so I hope I am welcome to join in the fun

CCAC Member
    Hello All! Ryan McDuffee, auction chair for the CCAC. The forum looks great! Thanks to all who played a part in it. Looking forward to starting a few threads once we make a move this summer.

CCAC Member
    Hello everyone. Sam Johnson here. I have been a member of the CCAC for just about a year. In that time, I have learned a lot about our hobby, met some great people, and have become addicted to keeping fish in my home. I only have four tanks, at this point. I have thoughts/plans for a fifth tank. However, that one is going to be very expensive and large. It isn't going to happen for quite some time.

Howdy, Mark Huffman is my name, I have only been a member for a short time but it is good to get to know other Fishy people. I haven't been doing the fish thing long, but I don't do anything Half-Ass!!!! I am focusing on African Cichlids and have a good collection going on. I have 15 tanks and I am out of room but 15 is a good number and I am on top of the cleaning and water changes. I am always interested in new fish. ( as in ones I don't have) Peacocks, Aulonocara and Haplochromis.

Name is Todd Leising. I keep mostly cichlids from Lake Tanganyika. I also keep a few livebearers and South American cichlids in an attempt to complete my BAP goals. It is great to see the forum come back for the CCAC.
    Tanganyikans Rule! Currently keeding sandsifters, featherfins, cyprichromis, lamprologus, tropheus, and other Tanganyikan oddities.

CCAC Member
    Hi all! I'm Jen Loftus, I joined the CCAC in October 2011. I keep mostly Tangs but have other fish as well.

CCAC Member
    Jim Erickson here. Primarily interested in and keep Tangs. Currently I have a 75 gallon Tang. community tank (cyps, enants, pair of julies, couple of calvus, and some synodontis) in my office and 5 smaller tanks (10 - 30 gallons each) at home. I have been to a couple of auctions, but have not made it to any meetings (3 teen boys keep me more than a little busy). Current plan is to clear out my smaller tanks and get a 6-8 foot tank for a show tank at home, which will be another Tang tank. Not sure of how I will stock that.....my plans for it changes pretty much every day....

BOD Member
    Hey all,
    I'm Bradley. I Keep mostly small cichlids from SA and West Africa. I also keep planted tanks but, breeding fish is my primary goal for the hobby.

Global Moderator
    Hi everybody!

CCAC Member
    Hey CCAC, Justin Burton here... I have been part of the club since last Aug., I have been keeping and breeding fish for over 7 years.. I have 36 tanks up and running right now and have 15 more more to add one of these days... I have kept various cichlids over the years but here lately I have been into Corydoras Catfish, Plecostomus ( mainly Ancistrus sp and some hypancistrus sp) have all ways kept livebearers.

Blonde moment. I kept Cichlids a few years ago. Josh and I were married last May about the time we got our first tank. His first ever. We can't agree on what fish to keep so our 1 became 38. We down sized for a short time and are back to 27. We have SA/CA and all 3 African lakes. Our new adventure is planted going well so far.

My name is Chris Griffith, and I am a Tanganyikan cichlid keeper here in Indianapolis. I have been in the hobby for around 11yrs. I started in Malawi cichlids and will probably be placing them in some of my tanks once again. It is nice to see a forum for the CCAC.

Nancy Amos, not a new member per say, am an old member that ran out of time. I live in Forest, southwest of Kokomo (hopefully someone remembers, LOL) I started working nights and couldn't get to anything. Still work nights and still won't be able to get to anything. ~sighs~ Did everything in the old forums get 'killed off'? I have a new (used) 75g tank I plan to set up when I have time, will have to take a vacation to do so however. It's difficult to take a vacation in my line of work, hate to have my clients have to have a new person as routine is comforting and keeps everyone on an even keel (so to speak). I work with 2 special needs gentlemen who live in side by side apts.

I currently have angels (whom still don't breed), upsidedown catfish and some gold tetras. I also have a smallish tank of cherry shrimp. So not one of your larger fish keepers. But still in the hobby.

CCAC Member
    Jason stephens here. I have been keeping fish on and off for around 25 years. I am currently running a 55 gallon and starting with african cichlids. My wife is running a 75 gallon with angels. I like the forum and we plan on joining the ccac soon.

CCAC Member
    Hi! Im Gail. I am a CCAC member - I have a 55 and a 36 up and running right now

Global Moderator
    Welcome, hope to see everyone tonight

CCAC Member
    Rebecca Lindberg, I was that new girl at the August meeting (this Thursday). I only have two tanks set up right now but am working on a third... I have on 20H with a handful of SA fish and plants (bloodfin tetras, one female Nannacara anomala, and ottos); a 10-gallon with a pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus "moliwe" who will be going into the new 20H I am setting up once it's cycled, and the 10 will then become a quarantine/breeding/growout tank, hopefully.

Unfortunately I've already filled my apartment's maximum for 20+ gallon size tanks, so I guess any future expansion will require finding room for more smaller tanks... at least while I live here. Fortunately I like small fish.

BOD Member
    I have male anomala if you are interested. I keep mostly 20 gallon tanks and work with smaller SA cichlids and westies.

CCAC Member
    I am very interested It will have to wait until the other 20 is set up and everything is shifted around though.

About a month ago I noticed the tank was becoming overrun with algae and it took me a while to figure out why - turned out my anomala had eaten all the pond snails that had been keeping it down!

Global Moderator
    Welcome Rebecca! Sounds like you're working on some cool stuff. There are a lot of people in the club that keep small fish. In fact, that seems to be the norm.
    Roy

Administrator
    Welcome Rebecca! Glad to see I talked you into joining the forum. Enjoy your stay and feel free to jump in and participate. If there is something you want to talk about, go for it.

Hi.....Don Cavender here all the way from Tooele, Utah.....I have been keeping fish since 1968....started with a 10 gal guppy tank with jungal val......have had salt water shark tank...back when they were affordable....and many types of fresh...have always like gouramis, dwarf cichlids and plecs..have built 200+ gal arylic tanks and filter systems....once you know the basics, you are only limited by your imagination....I am a hunter and a big game fisherman....all we catch here in Utah is bait....my freinds know I am a die hard Republican and an avid STEELERS fan........my pet peeve is when I go to a box store pet store and some teenage zitface kid tries to tell me what I can keep and what I cant....oh well we all have to start some where!

I'm Katie Kogler in Bloomington, IN. I'm from Baton Rouge, LA though. As a kid, I used to catch all kinds of fish, shrimp, turtles, and bugs out of my parents' pond. Now I'm an environmental management grad. I know a lot about snakes and bugs, so feel free to ask me if you have any questions about those!

In my tanks:

1 betta
    red cherry shrimp
    1 otocinclus
    galaxy rasboras

Administrator
    Welcome!!
    Bobby

Welcome! I used to live in Baton Rouge for a while. I moved back the February before Katrina hit. Its very beautiful down there.

Global Moderator
    Welcome Katie. Sounds like you'd be a good person to bring along if we ever organize a collecting trip. Are your galaxy rasboras spawning? I had some a few years ago and spawned them but then sold almost all them. They're a great little fish.
    Roy

Thanks ya'll That's cool, Ceichrodt; you missed a big one, though it didn't hurt Baton Rouge too, too bad. A collecting trip, Kilroy? Have you done that before and where at? Florida is the closest place I know of with neat small fish....the sailfin molly and bluefin killifish are really pretty, but I don't know if they are protected.