Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CCAC Member

Julidochromis Ornatus (Golden Julie), Cyprichromis Leptosoma "Utinta"

Just got the 225 up and running. Here are a couple of inhabitants so far....looking forward to the ACA to get them some more tankmates!

(Clicking on the thumbnail will take you to a bigger picture)

Global Moderator
    Those look great! Really good pics. How many of each do you have in there? The J. ornatus that I had in the past were deadly aggressive with each other. You could probably have a big group of Cyps in a 225.
    Roy

CCAC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Those look great! Really good pics. How many of each do you have in there? The J. ornatus that I had in the past were deadly aggressive with each other. You could probably have a big group of Cyps in a 225.
    Roy
    I have about 20 ornatus of different sizes - all from one pair. Will probably look to thin them out at the ACA....so far they have been pretty mellow. The "big daddy" will get after others once in a while when he stakes out a specific rock, but never too bad. I have about 20 cyps - 5 or 6 males, rest females. They have been in this tank for a week, and I already have 2 females holding in that group.....

Global Moderator
    I will have to come see this tank soon!!!!!! I am not too far from Carmel!!!