Register

Welcome to the Circle City Aquarium Club Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Global Moderator

CCAC road trip to Rusty's fish house!!!

Big announcement!!! Mark your calendars!!! The club has secured an invitation for us to visit Rusty Wesselís fish house on August 12th down in Louisville! If you donít know him, Rusty is an incredible keeper and collector of cichlids and livebearers, etc. He doesnít just have a fish room but a fish HOUSE. As many of you know, a visit to his place happened recently as part of the ACA. This trip is open to all registered club members and was especially set up for those people that were too busy working at the ACA to go on this trip but even if you just went, you probably want to go again. Exact details will be forthcoming but we plan on being there in the afternoon and possibly into the night. Right now we are thinking we should all arrive at 3:00. As part of this awesome trip, the Louisville fish club will be there at 7:30 that night and hosting a speaker from New York named Joe Ferdenzi. We need to carpool as much as possible so we need to make those arrangements over the next couple weeks and we also want to get a head count of who is going. Please post below or PM me if you plan to attend and let me know where youíre coming from and if you need a ride or are willing to drive for a group. Also try to let us know if you want to stay for the speaker or not. I will try to coordinate things as much as I can.
    Roy

BOD Member
    This is great. I didn't get a chance to go during the ACA and really wanted to go. I think I should be able to drive, but I am unsure if I could stay for the speaker that late. I have room in the caddy if anyone wants to head down with me under those circumstances.

Administrator
    Awesome opportunity. I will definitely see if I can make it. I'll also see if I have get my hands on a Tahoe to help haul people.

CCAC Member
    Awesome, count me in!

Man this royally sucks. I have things going on that weekend.

This is awesome hope to see my Indy buddies down in the Ville..
    THE IRISH PIT BULL
    FIR NA DLI

Global Moderator
    I'll be coming from East-central Indiana and can drive if anybody else is coming from this way. I'll probably go down IN-3 to US-31 and hit I-65 near Seymour. If nobody else needs a ride then maybe I can meet up with somebody at I-65 and hitch a ride from there.
    Roy

Cool CCAC road trip to Rusty's fish house!!!

Hi guys do know Aug 12 is on sunday not sat is aug 11 thanks you

Global Moderator
    Yep, Sunday, August 12th. This is the date that Rusty chose to have us down. It's unfortunate that a few of us have prior committments but that's always going to happen. More details about this event will be posted soon.
    Roy

Administrator
    Oooh, the fact that it is on Sunday may make it tough for me to make it. I was thinking it was on Saturday.

I'll be coming down from Richwood KY with Gunfish. My house is 16 miles south of Cincinnati - just a couple minutes from I-75/71.
    If there are any other CCAC members from the Greater Cincy area interested in making the trip with us - please send me a PM.

I will be there hope to see you guys there..
    THE IRISH PIT BULL
    FIR NA DLI

Global Moderator
    We announced at the meeting last night that Rusty is providing supper for all of us that come visit him. What a guy! So not only do you get to see great fish and be with great friends but you get a free meal! I believe he is having some sort of pork cookout. If you plan on attending please let me know so we can give Rusty a head count.
    Roy

Global Moderator
    Alright folks, Rusty would like to know by Monday about how many to expect so please let me know if you're going. Here are the details: arrive at Rusty Wessel's at 3:00 on Sunday, August 12th. His address is 6815 Carolyn Rd., Louisville, KY 40214. If you need to carpool or follow somebody we are going to meet at the McDonald's in Greenwood right off I-65 on Main St around 12:30. Message me if you want my phone number. Once again, I will stress that we need to carpool. It just makes sense anyway with these gas prices.
    Roy

Global Moderator
    Here's the people that I know about so far:
    Roy Smith
    Dave Shrewsbury
    Robert Williams
    Adam Anderson
    Joel Melvin (plus 2 other people and has room for more in his van)
    Bobby Sutton
    Steve Thompson
    Dennis Bradshaw
    Joe Fleckenstein
    Charley Grimes
    Gunfish (Erv?) (coming from Cincy area)
    Eric_from_richwood (coming from Cincy area)
    Michael "pitbull" McMichael (lives in Louisville)
    Ryan Braden
    Hedy Padgett (I think she said at the meeting she was coming)
    Jason and Crystal Stevens (tentative)
    Mike Matthews (tentative)

Am I forgetting/missing anybody??
    Roy

CCAC Member
    Count Gail and Jason for the tour!!! Thanks!

Global Moderator
    Also learned that Mike Downey and Bill Flowers are going with us so that brings us up to around 25 people. This will be a heckuva fun trip!
    I hope everybody has made their travel arrangements. Shrewsbury wants the caravan to leave shortly after 12:30PM from the Greenwood McDonalds right off of I-65. If anybody wants my cell # to help stay coordinated, just PM me. If your going separate from the main group, just remember that we plan on arriving there at Rusty's by 3:00PM.
    Roy

Thanks to all that came out to Rusty's today we had a good time.. I will see you guys at the CCAC fall auction..
    THE IRISH PIT BULL
    FIR NA DLI

The trip to The Wessel Fish House was outstanding! The Wessels are the best hosts on the planet! On top of touring the Fish House - the picnic was very nice and the fish talk b.s. was borderline epic. :-)
    The icing on the cake for me was Rusty bagging up a half dozen juvie Xiph. helleri "Rio Otapa" as a donation to the Louisville Club... I was lucky to be the winning bidder!

Thanks Rusty! and Thank You CCAC!